Epic Drives is the sequel of Epic Bicycle Rides of the World. Epic Drives of the World, a beautiful hardback book, highlights 50 of the best roads across Earth from the classic routes through America, Australia, Europe, and beyond to amazing adventures across Asia and Africa.
Each route is organized by continent; each route includes a personal story, breathtaking photos with illustrated maps, and valuable tips on when to go and how to arrive, where to stay, and what to consume. Beginning with Hawaii’s Hana Highway and Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh Road up to Utah’s National Park Circuit and Germany’s Black Forest High Road, Epic Drives of the World will encourage any driver to take the road.
African and Middle East drives include:
- Self-drive Safari (Zambia)
- Crossing the Kalahari (Botswana)
- Passing through the Panorama Route (South Africa)
- Marrakesh to Taroudannt (Morocco)
- Cruising Clarence Drive (South Africa)
The Americas drives comprise:
- The Highway to Hana in Hawaii (USA)
- The Salar de Uyuni (Bolivia)
- The Pacific Coast Highway (USA)
- Crossing the Carretera Austral (Chile)
- Canada’s Icefields Parkway
Asia drives include:
- In the footsteps of Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam)
- Crossing the Kathmandu Loop (Nepal)
- Hi-tailing between Thimphu up to Gangtey (Bhutan)
- South Korea: From top to toe
- The road that runs from Srinagar through Manali (India)
Europe drives are:
- Black Forest High Road (Germany)
- The Wilds of Abruzzo (Italy)
- Croatia’s Adriatic coast
- The west coast of Norway
- The Magic Circle (Iceland)
Oceania drives include:
- Southern Alps exploration (New Zealand)
- The Great Ocean Road (Australia)
- Northland & the Bay of Islands (New Zealand)
- Following the Captain Cook Highway (Australia)
- Alice Springs to Darwin (Australia)
“Epic Drives of the World” Read Time
The book, Epic Drives of the World, is considered one of his best masterpieces. The normal read time of “Epic Drives of the World” is just over nine and a half hours; nevertheless, if you’ve got the hardcover book as I do, then it was easily read in about eight and a half an hour. Epic Drives of the World is an amazing book to read.
Epic Drives of the World is a wonderful weekend read. If you’re one who enjoys recharging your energies during the holidays, you’ll find the “Epic Drives of the World” book very helpful.
Epic Drives of the World Book Details
- Publisher : Lonely Planet; 1st edition (August 15, 2017)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 328 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1786578646
- ISBN-13 : 978-1786578648
- Item Weight : 3.04 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.4 x 1 x 10.65 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #617,365 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #51 in Honeymoon Travel Guides
- #487 in Motor Sports (Books)
- #695 in Road Travel Reference
About Lonely Planet
Lonely Planet is a top travel media company and is the world’s leading travel guidebook publisher, providing an inspiring and reliable guide for any type of traveler since 1973. In the last four decades, we’ve printed more than 150 million guides and phrasebooks in 120 languages and built an enthusiastic, committed worldwide community of travelers. Our content is also available on the internet, in mobile apps, videos, and audiobooks, in 14 languages and 12 international magazines, as well as lifestyle and armchair ebooks, books, and many more, allowing you to travel every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and get to the core of where they are, whether near or far away from home.
If you really enjoyed Epic Drives of the World, I’d be very thankful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you!
Did you read Epic Drives of the World on the way? Which one you are reading, and how it is similar to one of these?
Related Topics: If you really enjoy Epic Drives of the World, then there are some more interesting books for you to read!