NordicTrack Commercial 2950: Commercial Treadmills
- Motor Size: 4.25 CHP
- Running Area: 22” W x 60” L
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Folding: Yes
- Footprint In Use (W, L, H): 39.2” x 79” x 66.9”
- Footprint Folded (W, L, H): 39.3” x 41.9” x 70.7”
- Max Speed: 12 MPH
- Incline: -3% to 15%
- Electrical Requirements: 120V
- Warranties – Lifetime frame and motor, 5-year parts and electronics, 2-year labor
- Belt – 2-ply, Non-stretch Commercial tread belt
- Roller Size – 2.5” Precision and Balanced Non-Flex Rollers
- Cushioning – Runners Flex™ Cushioning, not substantial.
NordicTrack’s premiere home treadmill, the Commercial 2950, has a 22-inch touchscreen to encourage long workouts. With iFit Coach, it lets you virtually train along Google Maps routes: Get street-level views as you move! The widescreen is HD too, which makes the most of uniquely interactive iFit Coach video workouts. These let you exercise virtually with world-class trainers in scenic settings worldwide. Follow the preset speed or set your own pace. The iFit Coach video is designed to adapt.
There are a handful of noteworthy updates to note for the 2021 model that just launched. The pairing of Bluetooth headphones to the treadmill is now possible, and its incline drivers have been updated to improve noise and response time. The treadmill still features a roomy workout surface with a durable belt, a high-end 4.25 CHP motor, power incline and decline, cooling fans, water bottle holders and storage areas.
With impressive sound absorption and a foldable frame, 2950 is an excellent match for just about any home workout space and rounds out NordicTrack’s deal to create one of the best high-end treadmills.
What We Like
- 22″ Touchscreen: A 22-inch touchscreen is the Commercial 2950’s control centre. Use this high-def display to get immersed in scenic iFit Coach workout programs. With its recently updated graphics processing, its display is more crisp and refined than ever before.
- Incline and Decline: Treadmill incline training naturally boosts your metabolism and recruits your muscles in different ways for better definition. The NordicTrack’s workout surface can power-adjust between -3 percent and +15 percent slope. It’s entertaining to use with iFit Coach Google Maps workouts and personal trainer video workouts along scenic paths.
- iFit Coach Workouts: The new 2950 is most famous for supporting iFit Coach workout programs with immersive views. These programs control the treadmill’s speed and incline to copy landscapes and help you reach specific fitness goals. Among other choices, you can choose from an infinite variety of Google Maps workouts and a robust collection of HD video workouts that let you virtually exercise with expert personal trainers. Some programs are cardio-only, and some combine treadmill exercise with strength training.
- Motor and Speed: The Commercial 2950 Treadmill has a 4.25 CHP motor by DurX. It supports a top speed of 12 mph and can easily power through sprints, long runs and interval training.
- WhisperQuiet™ Deck: The treadmill deck absorbs the sound of your footfall. It helps make the Commercial 2950 a quiet fitness machine and a good choice for home use.
- Tread Belt: This high-end treadmill has a spacious 22-inch by 60-inch workout surface. The belt area is long enough for a running stride, and it’s 2 inches wider than the norm to allow extra elbow room. The tread belt is two-ply for durability and quiet operation.
- Advanced Cushioning: The 2950’s Reflex suspension system lets you choose between a road-like workout surface or a cushioned deck. Just flip a lever to make the switch.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring: Monitoring your heart rate during treadmill workouts helps you exercise efficiently, and Commercial Series treadmills make it easy. The new 2950 is bundled with a Bluetooth wireless chest strap to give you a continuous readout. The chest strap also works with iFit wearable devices to give pulse readings away from your treadmill. With an iFit Coach membership, you can track your heart rate data long-term and see your progress in chart form.
- Bluetooth Upgrade: A couple of years ago, Bluetooth connectivity was added to 2950 to allow users to play their favourite workout playlists from their smartphone via the treadmill’s Bluetooth speakers. New for 2021, you can now pair your Bluetooth headphones to the treadmill to listen to training instructions without disrupting the whole house.
- Triple Fan Power: Stay cool with help from three workout fans. These are AutoBreeze, so they can automatically adjust to your pace. You can also set the fans’ speed yourself. Two-point toward your face, and one helps cool your body.
- SpaceSaver: With hydraulic shock-assist, the deck folds upward to conserve floor space and softly drops back to the floor when you’re ready to train again. Unfolded, the Commercial 2950 is about the average size for a home treadmill. It has a footprint 79.5 inches long and 32.9 inches wide.
NORDICTRACK COMMERCIAL 2950 TREADMILL – KEY SPECS:
- Upgraded 22” Smart HD Touchscreen
- Expanded iFit Family Plan membership with up to 5 profiles
- Automatic Trainer Control
- Improved HD Graphics Performance
- Increased Processor Cooling
- Faster Dual 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz WiFi Connectivity
- Quiet Drive Incline Tech
- Updated Android 9 OS
- Bluetooth Headphone Connectivity
- 4.25 CHP DurX™ Commercial Plus Motor
- 2.5” Precision-machined and Balanced Non-flex Rollers
- 22” x 60” Non-Stretch 2-Ply Commercial Belt
- Dimensions: 79” L x 39” W x 66” H
- 300 Lb. User Weight Capacity
- 22” Smart HD Touchscreen
- Syncs with Bluetooth Headphones
- Upgraded 3” Digitally-amplified Speakers
- Live Touch Buttons
- EKG Grip Pulse
- Dual AutoBreeze™ Workout Fans
- 15% Incline
- -3% Decline
- 12 MPH Speed
- Includes 1-Year Nordictrack iFit® Family membership with up to 5 profiles
- Runners Flex™ Cushioning
- SpaceSaver® Design with EasyLift™ Assist
- Integrated Accessory Tray
- 10-Year Frame Warranty
- 2-Year Parts Warranty
- 1-Year Labor Warranty
- *Restocking fee (for all returns)
What We Don’t Like
- Assembly: This treadmill is heavy and requires at least two people for safe assembly. Paying extra for in-home delivery with assembly seems worthwhile.
- Short Warranty: With recent changes at NordicTrack, warranties across the board have been shortened to 10 years on frames, 2 years on parts and electronics, and 1 year on labour. Unfortunately, this just doesn’t keep up with their competitors and is a bit of a disappointment.
The new NordicTrack Commercial 2950 is the top treadmill model from a leading brand in home fitness. Loaded with great specs for performance and entertainment, it’s hard to resist. In addition, its recent switch-over to Bluetooth audio was the last modern upgrade we had been waiting on, bringing it up to current tech standards.
Other members of the NordicTrack Commercial Treadmill Series are best buys in their price classes too. These are the Commercial 2450 and 1750.
What’s Changed For This Year
Each year a few models get upgrades. Larger screens, more robust motors, or better tech are common. Unfortunately, occasionally you will see two treadmills with the same name on the manufacturer’s site, which is confusing enough for us treadmill experts, let alone a new consumer. Below is a quick breakdown of what is new on the latest version of this treadmill.
New for 2021 (November 2020 release)
- Updated HD Touchscreen: Improved processing and dual-band WiFi compatibility will ensure a more seamless video experience when following along to live or streaming workout classes.
- New Mobile App: iFit is now also available as a mobile app for your smartphone.
- Quiet Drive Incline Tech: The incline drivers on 1750 are smoother and quieter than ever and allow for more precise control during instructor-led classes. Quieter is always better, especially when you need to follow guidance/instruction.
- Bluetooth Upgrade: Previously, you could use Bluetooth to pair your phone to your treadmill, allowing you to listen to your playlists while working out. Now, you can pair your Bluetooth headphones to your treadmill so that you can listen to your instructor without disturbing the whole house.
- Expanded iFit Offer: In previous years, these treadmills would come with an individual 1-year iFit membership, but for 2021 these memberships have been upgraded to family memberships—perfect for households with multiple runners.
Other Related Products
- NordicTrack Commercial 2950: Commercial Treadmills
- NordicTrack Commercial 2450: Commercial Treadmills
- NordicTrack Commercial 1750: Commercial Treadmills
- NordicTrack Commercial X32i: Commercial Incline Treadmills
- NordicTrack Commercial X22i: Commercial Incline Treadmills
- Sole S77 Treadmill
- Sole F65 Treadmill
- Sole TT8 Treadmill
- Sole F80 Treadmill
- Sole F63 Treadmill
- Sole Fitness E95S Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E98 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E95 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E55 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E25 Elliptical Machine