NordicTrack Commercial X22i: Commercial Incline Treadmills
- Incline Range: -6% to 40%
- Display: 22” HD touchscreen display
- On-Board Workouts: 50 + iFit Coach Library
- Speakers: Yes, Two 3” speakers. Can project audio from a mobile device via Bluetooth.
- Fans: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Bluetooth chest strap HR monitor included
- USB port: No
- HDMI port: No
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Water bottle cubbies: Yes
- Tablet holder: No
- Mobile phone holder
- Manual mode/sled push
- Quick select incline/decline and speed controls
Quick Summary: Nordictrack Commercial X22i Treadmill
The NordicTrack Commercial X22i treadmill will increase your fitness levels. The unique feature of this treadmill is its incline function. It can go up to 40%, making it a hybrid treadmill/stepper workout. The steep incline will burn calories while protecting your joints.
You’ll be impressed by the features of this model, including a 22-inch touchscreen television, built-in speakers, fan, and a 4.25 CHP engine. In addition, the model has been updated for 2021 and can pair with your Bluetooth headphones. It also features improved graphics processing and a faster WiFi connection, which will ensure seamless streaming. The Commercial X22i is the perfect choice for serious runners or walkers looking to improve their running skills.
The screen is only half of the machine. HD programming will not complete your workout, so the X22i offers plenty of options for users at all levels. The X22i is just like all NordicTrack Incline Trainers. X22i Maximum incline is 40%? You can also set the power tilt to a maximum of 6.6%. Treadmill training is a great way to prepare for outdoor activities by using incline or decline settings. It can also help you tone and strengthen your muscles.
Weight loss is possible with inline training. You can lose five times as many calories by running or walking on an extreme incline. The track will adjust the incline to match the program or Google Street View workout you view on-screen. This keeps you busy while you burn calories.
The NordicTrack Commercial X22i is a state-of-the-art treadmill with 50 workout programs, dual AutoBreeze(tm), workout fans, and many other features. You can also use the X22i’s iFit Bluetooth chest belt to keep track of your workout stats easily and comfortably.
The total price of the treadmill is $2,999, but there are often hundreds of dollars in savings on incline trainers.
What We Love?
- Incline Training The tilt range for the X22i incline deck is -6% to +40%, almost twice the range of standard treadmills. You can target specific muscle groups with each incline setting. Your muscles will be challenged in different ways by each setting. The X22i will also help you burn many calories faster than usual (up to five times the average rate). The X22i is a more gentle option than non-incline running or walking. It puts less strain on your joints, ligaments, and tendons. This reduces the chance of strain and increases endurance.
- 22-inch Touch Screen: The X22i’s 22-inch touch screen HD display is perfect for navigating outdoors and getting lost.
- Bluetooth Capability Updated: The previous generation machine could be connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth to stream your workout playlists from its speakers. NordicTrack now allows you to pair your Bluetooth headphones with the unit, so you can take instructor-led training sessions without disturbing the rest of the family.
- iFit With a 22-inch screen, the X22i lets you see and enjoy your 1-year free iFit membership. This advanced personal training technology allows you to access customized workouts in beautiful locations around the globe from the convenience of your treadmill. This membership has been upgraded to the 2021 model. It now allows for multiple user profiles.
- Workout Programmes: The X22i also includes iFit and 50 pre-set workouts that can be used to reach your goals in the categories Calorie/Intensity, Speed, Calorie, Incline, Increase, Intensity, and Speed.
- A powerful motor: The X22i’s 4.0 CHP motor is excellent for heavy-duty training and can reach speeds of 12 mph.
- Wide Track This track measures 22 inches wide by 60 feet long. The X22i’s track is comparable to a standard club treadmill with a track that measures 20 inches wide by 60 inches long.
- Bluetooth Sound system: The X22i has Bluetooth audio capabilities and a 3-inch digitally amplified speaker. This allows you to stream your workout playlists so that you can stay motivated.
- Heart rate monitoring: NordicTrack Incline trainers offer two options for heart rate monitoring: handlebar sensors or an iFit Bluetooth wireless neck strap, which are included in the purchase.
- High Capacity The user’s weight limit is 300 pounds
- Simple Assembly: Inline trainers can be assembled very quickly. Building the trainer will take approximately half an hour.
NORDICTRACK COMMERCIAL TREADMILL – Key Specs:
- Upgraded 22” Smart HD Touchscreen
- Expanded iFit Family Plan membership with up to 5 profiles
- Automatic Trainer Control
- Improved HD Graphics Performance
- Increased Processor Cooling
- Faster Dual 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz WiFi Connectivity
- Quiet Drive Incline Tech
- Updated Android 9 OS
- Bluetooth Headphone Connectivity
- 22” x 60” Commercial Tread Belt
- Smart-Response Drive System
- 4.0 CHP DurX™ Commercial Plus Motor
- 2.5” Precision and Balanced Non-Flex Rollers
- Reflex™ Cushioning
- Dimensions – 70” L x 39” W x 72” H
- Treadmill weighs 400lb
- 22” Smart HD Touchscreen
- Bluetooth Headphone compatible
- Two 3” Digitally Amplified Speakers
- Dual AutoBreeze™ Workout Fans
- One Touch® Controls
- 0 – 40% Incline
- 0 – 6% Decline
- 12 MPH Speed
- 1-Year Nordictrack iFit® Family membership**
- iFit Bluetooth® Chest Strap Included
- 300 Lb. User Capacity
- 10-Year Frame Warranty
- 2-Year Parts Warranty
- 1-Year Labor Warranty
- Restocking fee for returns (even if covered by warranty)
What we don’t like?
- Total machine price: The X22i treadmill is NordicTrack’s second-most expensive, at $2,999. It would be prudent to wait until an online sale occurs for this model.
- Limited WarrantyRecent changes made by NordicTrack have reduced warranties to 10 years for frames, 2 years on parts and electronics, and 1 Year on labor. This is disappointing as it doesn’t compare to their competitors.
- Cushioning: The cushioning on incline treadmills isn’t adjustable, unlike the cushioning on Commercial Series NordicTracks machines made specifically for runners.
The new X22i offers everything: great electronics, high power, and severe incline/decline. The X22i Incline Trainer is a famous luxury treadmill that provides an immersive workout. Highlights include a steep incline and a powerful motor. This treadmill is a top-rated model.
For some, however, the price tag is too high. The only problem with this machine is its high price. The X11i is a reasonable alternative that sells for around $1,000 less. Although it has similar specs, the screen is 10 inches smaller than 22 inches.
What has changed for this year?
Every year, a few models are upgraded. There are many upgrades to models, including larger screens, more robust motors, and better tech. Sometimes, you may see two treadmills listed under the same manufacturer’s name. This is confusing enough for treadmill experts and new consumers. Here’s a quick overview of the new features of this latest treadmill.
The 2021 release (November 2020) is new!
- New HD Touchscreen: Dual-band WiFi compatibility and improved processing will allow for a smoother video experience while following along with living or streaming classes.
- The new mobile app, iFit, now has a mobile version available for your smartphone.
- Quiet Drive Incline Technology: The 1750’s incline drivers are quieter and more responsive than ever and provide greater control for instructor-led classes. When you are following instructions or guidance, quieter is better.
- Bluetooth Upgrade: Bluetooth was previously a way to connect your phone to the treadmill. This allowed you to play your music while you exercise. You can now pair your Bluetooth headphones with your treadmill so you can hear your instructor and not disturb the rest of the house.
- Expanded iFit offer: These treadmills were previously available with an individual 1-year membership to iFit. However, for 2021, the memberships have been made family-friendly, making them ideal for families with multiple runners.
There are many workout programs available on this machine. It comes with iFit, which means that you can access over 16,000 workouts streamed by certified instructors. More are added each day.
After your year-long trial, do you want to cancel your membership? It’s possible. There are 44 programs included with the treadmill. You can choose from various programs based on your mood, and you will always be striving to make more progress.
Indoor cycling was a new craze that surprised everyone, including me. The stationary bike seems to be the most casual piece of exercise equipment. You can ride it while you read, eat chips, or wait for your roommate’s capoeira class to end. Not that anyone would ever do that. Everyone was suddenly hooting in dimly lit rooms wearing specialized sportswear, and everyone started to holler. It was puzzling.
Peloton capitalized upon the fad brilliantly with high-end piece studio equipment that came with $39/month streaming, so you didn’t even need to leave your home. They plan to repeat the success of the bike with the Tread, a similarly addictive treadmill that will be available with a similar streaming service.
Peloton’s experience has demonstrated that in-home fitness equipment is still in demand. What about those of us who are tired of hearing someone shout at them while we’re stuck in a darkened room staring at sweaty strangers? The NordicTrack X22i treadmill is now available in a bundle with an iFit coach subscription for one year.
It’s not a cheap bike, but the X22i is still expensive. It’s also big. It’s also heavy. Being a petite woman, this product would have been impossible for me to buy without assembly. Even delivery men had to struggle with the 410-pound box getting into my home.
One of the men laughed when I explained why I was testing it. NordicTrack is a final expert opinion.
It is beautiful to use once it has been assembled. It measures 22 inches in width, which is slightly wider than the treadmills I operate at the gym. The belt has sleek, metal arms and supports that curve to display the information. It measures 60 inches in length, which is plenty for most runners.
The belt climbs up to a 40% incline and then drops down to a 6-percent. The 40-percent mark is too high for anyone to run or walk on, and it’s impossible to grip the arm supports. A treadmill that simulates running downhill is something I have never tried.
The X22i supports users up to 300 pounds. Although I’m not that heavy, the SMART response drive seemed to have powerful sound- and vibration-dampening abilities. Even when I was running at maximum speed, the NordicTrack Commercial X22i did not shake or rattle. It was also quiet enough not to disturb my family members who were in the room next door.
The fan has adjustable intensity and is embedded in the device. I found myself using it a lot. The device also has a Bluetooth-enabled heart-rate monitor for the chest and a hand-grip EKG heart-rate monitor for the arms. My Garmin recorded my heart rate at a sweaty 150-160 beats per minute, but the X22i hand monitor did not register my heart rate above a calm, pleasant 73 beats per minute.
Two digitally amplified, tinny speakers provide music and coaching. There is also an auxiliary music port for when you want to use them to play your music.
The NordicTrack Commercial X22i interactive touchscreen is 22 inches. Other models have a 7-inch or 10-inch touchscreen. The large screen was a delight, with satisfying tactile feedback, 1080p, and HD-streaming.
The screen was my favorite way to interact with iFit. You can view stats such as time, incline and calories burned. Or you can change the view to see how many of your workouts you have left. In addition, you can connect your iFit app with a proprietary iFit watch to keep track of sleep, steps, calories burned, and set goals. Strava and other apps can also be exported from iFit.
iFit also offers a social media platform. I quickly made it private and a library with mobile workouts such as a Thai yoga series or a strength series from Italy.
If you want to view the TV on another TV in your home, it has an HDMI port. This might be something you want to think about. The screen rotates to accommodate different heights. However, it was too tall for me at 5’2″. Although I appreciated the ease of moving the machine around, the screen angle ended up blowing out some of the stunning shots taken during the prerecorded iFit Coach sessions.
NordicTrack offers various warranties, including a frame warranty, motor warranty, deck warranty, 6-year parts and electronics warranty, and a labor warranty. These are all important for machines this expensive. If it were not possible to assemble it myself, I would certainly not attempt to fix it.
Have Been Around The World?
Peloton found that indoor fitness equipment is more important than its hardware. It doesn’t matter how beautiful the machine; it is just another dust-gatherer or clothes-hanger without compelling reasons to use it day after day.
Many people find studio classes addictive. For misanthropic hermits like me, however, there is another reason. iFit’s prerecorded exercises, filmed with world-class coaches all over the planet, are a great way to get fit.
These people must have traveled to these places, even though it was $15/month. That is significantly less than streaming live classes multiple times per day. These sessions are compelling and unmistakable. There are over 1,400 recorded sessions, and they were filmed at locations across Europe, North America, and South America.
iFit Coach offers multiple training programs, all in one location, to help you maintain your fitness goals. You can also choose to sort by preference. For example, if you are looking for a HIIT workout, a class in a studio, or a running/hiking series. During the week, I used the NordicTrack Commercial X22i. However, I found myself scrolling through the workout library, searching for beautiful locations within my time constraints.
These can be unintentionally funny. Unfortunately, some of the most beautiful places in the world don’t make for good workouts. One trainer is subject to death stares by tourists walking along the Cinque Terre, while another avoids backpackers hiking narrow cliffside trails up to Macchu Picchu. One trainer was swept into an elephant wallow. One trainer fell into an elephant wallow on Antelope Island’s causeway.
These mini-travelogues are, for me, a better way to motivate than a class. I ran through a palace! I love Austria. Who would have thought? iFit also has a Google Street View mapping feature, but they are less efficient as they only compile stills and videos. The pre-programmed Google View trial ran was disorienting and boring. I have always wanted to do the Dipsea Race.
Run This Town
It is annoying that iFit won’t sync with a wearable I already own. My Garmin costs enough. I don’t need to spend more money on a proprietary wearable that goes with an already expensive piece of fitness equipment. The NordicTrack Commercial X22i measures 70.2 inches in length and 39.6 inches in width. It also takes up a lot of space in my home.
The search function in iFit’s workout library could be improved. I don’t want ten minutes of my forty-minute day wasted scrolling through workouts and trying to find a shorter run.
A treadmill cannot replace running outdoors. My Achilles tendon has become very tight after running for over a month on a treadmill. When you run on solid ground, your form changes. Instead of moving on a belt, your setup changes.
It isn’t easy to know if a NordicTrack/iFit combo will make people exercise more often. Many fitness trackers end in junk drawers. Many pieces of in-home exercise equipment end up being displays for children’s artwork. Although the iFit Coach subscription costs are relatively low, I am unsure if I will still find the workouts attractive in a year or so. This is, however, how long it may take (optimistically). It is not possible to afford a machine as expensive as this.
However, I was able to find a series of workouts and a place that I enjoyed (shout out to Austria! Beautiful videos, funny trainers, and a motivating reason to get on the treadmill – at least until the sun rises!
Other Related Products
- NordicTrack Commercial X22i: Commercial Treadmills
- Sole S77 Treadmill
- Sole F65 Treadmill
- Sole TT8 Treadmill
- Sole F80 Treadmill
- Sole F63 Treadmill
- Sole Fitness E95S Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E98 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E95 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E55 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E25 Elliptical Machine
There are no reviews yet.