NordicTrack EXP 10i: NordicTrack T Series Treadmill
- Crisp 10-inch HD touchscreen display
- Smart-Response drive system
- Good size 20″x60″ running deck
- Expanded Bluetooth capabilities
- 300 lb weight capacity
- Adjustable cushioning to running deck
- 1-year iFit Family membership included in purchase price
NordicTrack EXP 10i: NordicTrack T Series Treadmill
The all-new NordicTrack EXP10i treadmill is here. We knew that something new was coming when NordicTrack discontinued the T-series treadmills. So it was just a matter now of when. The new NordicTrack EXP 10i replaces the T 9.5S, which we reviewed here. A glance shows that they are very similar in specs but have a slight price difference. The new EXP 10i is about $400 less than its older sibling at full retail.
The little things that make the EXP 10i shine are the ones that matter. It’s a great perk to have Bluetooth connectivity, allowing users to listen to their training programs while using the treadmill’s speakers. Also, the incline drives are upgraded to keep the machine quiet. Finally, the screen size is a tradeoff in this model. The 10″ HD touchscreen has upgraded graphics processing and dual-band WiFi. However, this size will still suffice for many.
The specs have not changed. The NordicTrack EXP 10i’s incline/decline range is -3% to +10%. This is lower than the treadmills with higher specs, but it’s still quite impressive. iFit’s training programs will automatically adjust your speed and incline as you go along. This is a great feature. The top speed of the device is 12 mph. This is industry-standard. The closest competitor is the Horizon 7.4 AT. This is an option that I believe is better for runners who have more experience and are not as interested or motivated by video-based training. The Verdict section will go into more detail.
Comfort and convenience are both critical to the machine. Two large water bottles can be stored in the accessory tray. The machine’s Auto Breeze fan cools runners during strenuous exercise. The Bluetooth capability is available, but you can still use the built-in speakers if you prefer to not wear headphones while on the treadmill. The treadmill deck has the same Flex-Select running board as its more expensive counterparts. This allows runners to adjust the amount of cushioning they want for running. A firmer deck will provide a more realistic running experience. Joint strain can be reduced by softening the deck. The NordicTrack EXP10i treadmill can be folded up and stored away when not in use, just like all NordicTrack treadmills. The hydraulic cylinder makes it easy to fold the deck up and not have to lift it all yourself.
What we like
- Motor: If you are looking for a quiet treadmill motor, the NordicTrack EXP 10i is the one for you. The new Smart-Response motor, which delivers 3.5 CHP and changes speed quickly, can reach speeds up to 12 mph, just like other NordicTrack models. It is ideal for both long-distance running and smooth interval training.
- Touch Screen Control panel: This model includes a 10-inch touch screen that allows you to switch between different workout programs and check calorie and mile numbers. You can also use an iFit coach for on-the-go guidance. You can also run on actual streets with Google Street Views. Expect high resolution and excellent image quality with the new graphics processing.
- iFit Trainer Treadmill Workouts: The treadmill’s -3-12% decline/incline function syncs up with the elevations or dips of the landscape you select through iFit’s Google Maps feature. It makes running on the terrain feel almost like it’s outside. This feature is excellent for people who have difficulty staying motivated to exercise. It allows you to discover new places.
- iFit coach data tracking: This machine allows iFit coaches to track fitness stats for each session. The data from each workout is logged onto the treadmill. It can then be paired with any other device in iFit. This makes it easier to get nutrition and lifestyle advice, as well as exercise.
- Workout Programmes: Although it seems that the days of simple built-in programs are over, this doesn’t mean there isn’t plenty of options. iFit gives you access to the most extensive collection of virtual streaming classes live and on-demand, including over 17,000 workouts.
- Decline and Incline Abilities: The EXP10i is one of the few treadmills that adds decline to its list, which is a nice touch, especially when you follow real-world mapped workouts. Its incline is just a little lower than the industry standard of 15%, but it’s still a good choice. Keep in mind that the steepest incline is where you will burn the most calories.
- Audio: The EXP10i, just like many of the NordicTrack products, supports Bluetooth audio. This allows you to wirelessly listen to your workout playlists using its 2″ digitally amplified speakers. It’s also possible to link instructor-led training to your Bluetooth headsets.
- Preferences for Cushioning: If you are training for a road race and find it difficult to get on the treadmill, you don’t want a comfortable deck that makes things too hard. The treadmill allows you to adjust the level of cushioning to suit your needs. This will enable you to save your joints by using cushioning or simulate outdoor conditions by turning them off. You should not train in this manner for the long term.
- Cooling Options: If you want to keep cool while running or walking, you can get a pair of dual AutoBreeze exercise fans. Although it may not be necessary, this is an excellent accessory to have when you’re working out.
- Folding the EXP10i is easy using a hydraulic strut. It takes roughly half its footprint to fold.
- Weight Capacity: This is a very heavy-duty treadmill that can hold up to 300 lbs.
NORDICTRACK EXP10I TREADMILL-KEY SPECS
- FlexSelect™ Cushioning
- 20” x 60” Commercial Tread Belt
- AutoBreeze™ Workout Fan
- Integrated Tray
- 3.5 CHP Commercial Plus Motor
- Up to 12% Incline
- 12 Max MPH Speed
- OneTouch® Controls
- Smart-Response Drive System
- 1.9” Precision and Balanced Non-Flex Rollers
- 300 Lb. User Capacity
- EKG Grip Pulse
- SpaceSaver® Design with EasyLift™ Assist
- 222 Lb In Box Product Weight
- 79” L x 35” H x 59” H Footprint
- 10” HD Smart Touchscreen
- 1-Year iFit® Family Plan Membership Included ($468 Value)**
- Bluetooth®1 Audio Capabilities
- Two 2” Digitally Amplified Speakers
- Automatic Trainer Control
- 10-Year Frame Warranty
- 2-Year Parts Warranty
- 1-Year Labor Warranty
What we don’t like
- Large console/small screen: The EXP10i has a large flat panel that can be used as a console. This makes it a real visual problem. Although it’s convenient to have quick access to many controls, there is a lot of wasted/unused space.
- The Commercial 1750’s warranty is short, with only two years for parts and electronics. This warranty is less than its key competitors.
The EXP 10i is a great candidate and will appeal to many. However, it’s a clear step above the NordicTrack 1750. It’s worth spending more on looking for better specs, such as a bigger running deck, stronger motor, and steeper inclines. The EXP 10i is an excellent choice for those on a tight budget, not runners or a walker/jogger trying to improve their at-home training.
The Horizon 7.4AT is the strongest competitor to the EXP 10i, which comes in at the exact cost and has very similar specs. The Horizon does not have an HD touchscreen or the -3% drop capability. However, it has the fastest responding motor in the industry, a fantastic set of quick-adjust rolling for speed and incline and the ability to connect with various training programs via an iPad or tablet. EXP wins because it allows iFit to control the machine while you train, but ultimately it comes down to your overall iFit experience. NordicTrack is the best option if instructor-led training is your mainstay. Horizon is a better option if you think it’s a nice bonus feature that you can take or leave.
Other Related Products
- NordicTrack EXP 10i: NordicTrack T Series Treadmill
- NordicTrack EXP 7i: NordicTrack T Series Treadmill
- NordicTrack T 6.5 Si: NordicTrack T Series Treadmill
- NordicTrack Commercial 2950: Commercial Treadmills
- NordicTrack Commercial 2450: Commercial Treadmills
- NordicTrack Commercial 1750: Commercial Treadmills
- NordicTrack Commercial X32i: Commercial Incline Treadmills
- NordicTrack Commercial X22i: Commercial Incline Treadmills
- Sole S77 Treadmill
- Sole F65 Treadmill
- Sole TT8 Treadmill
- Sole F80 Treadmill
- Sole F63 Treadmill
- Sole Fitness E95S Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E98 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E95 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E55 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E25 Elliptical Machine
There are no reviews yet.