Sole F80 Treadmill
- Bluetooth connectivity
- USB port to charge devices
- A tablet holder
- A workout display
- Cooling fans
- A sound system
- Heart rating monitoring handgrips and chest monitor
Sole F80 Treadmill
Sole F80 Treadmill could be right for you if
- A treadmill that folds easily is what you want.
- A motor that can support long distance running, interval training and hill training is essential.
- If you are a heavier person, your machine will need to work harder.
- You would like to keep track of your workouts using fitness apps.
- Commercial-grade components are required as well as modern accessories.
SEE OUR VIDEO REVIEW DURING THE SOLE F80
The new Sole F80 folding treadmill has more space and is faster than ever. It also features a host of upgraded features and specs. The F80’s star features include a 9-inch LCD display and a tablet holder that allows for multitasking, entertainment, and syncs workout data to fitness apps. The F80 boasts a 22-x-60-inch running area, a commercial 3.5 HP motor, and a power incline of maximum 15%. This makes it one of our top treadmills. The F80 was upgraded by Sole with a reversible deck. This not only doubles its life span but also reduces impact and noise by up to 40% when compared to outdoor training.
The new F80 treadmill, like all Sole treadmills this model year offers 10 preset programs and user-designed workouts. Your workouts can be viewed on the LCD display, which measures 9 inches, one of the largest screens in the series, as well as on your smartphone or tablet.
You would like to keep track of your fitness stats using an app? Bluetooth connectivity is available on Sole treadmills for use with the Sole Fitness app. It works with all iOS and Android devices. The app allows you to dock your mobile device on the treadmill screen. You can watch a movie, read news, or catch up on your book while the app records your exercise data. The Sole Fitness app syncs with FitBit, Apple Health, and other fitness apps to keep all of your exercise data in one location. Additional features include Bluetooth speakers, a USB charging port and USB charging ports for your devices.
The F80 is the best option for saving space. You can fold the treadmill and store it after a workout to save floor space. The treadmill also locks securely into place to ensure your pets and children’s safety. To fold your treadmill up, simply toggle the switch.
What we like:
- High Quality Parts: The F80 is made from durable parts that are commercial grade. This ensures that the machine will last for many years. The F80’s exceptional shock absorption provides extra comfort so you can run or walk on it every day.
- Capabilities for folding: The treadmill’s folding ability is another clear advantage. The F80 is a great choice if you’re looking to build a small gym. The F80 folds up quickly and easily. Simply flip the switch to activate it.
- High-Power Motor: The F80’s powerful 3.5 HP motor makes it ideal for people who run longer distances and heavier people who need more power. This treadmill is capable of supporting any type of workout: long distance running, interval training, hill training, and more.
- Smooth Track Design: The F80 treadmillIt has a 22×60 inch deck, which makes it ideal for large users or those who need more space for running. It also features a two-ply belt with 2.5 inch rollers that help keep the machine quiet and minimize wear.
- Joint Impact Benefits: The cushioning system, which is top-of the-line, helps to reduce stress on your joints and allow you to run pain-free. The Cushion Flex Whisper Deck reduces the impact on your joints by up to 40%, which is comparable to road running. This allows you to maintain a consistent workout and helps minimize injuries.
- Reversible deck: Reversible desks on the F80 help to prolong the life of your machine. Simply flip the deck over when one side is worn and you can use the other.
- Preset Workouts: One of Sole’s preset workout programs can help you get rid of boredom. You can use the F80’s ten pre-built workout programs to reach your fitness goals. The F80 can store two user profiles to help you keep track. This allows you to switch between workouts with your roommate or partner, while still having all your information stored in the machine.
- Convenient Display: You won’t have any trouble following your workout sessions with the LCD screen measuring 9 inches. Are you a fan of fitness apps? The F80 provides a tablet holder that is secure so data can be tracked in the background, while you use other apps such as TV, reading, or streaming music.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The handrails have integrated pulse monitors. There is also the option to use a wireless chest strap, which comes with the purchase.
- Safety featuresSafety is a priority in the F80. It features a large stop switch and the ability to start at 0.5 mph.
- Additional Features: Bluetooth compatibility on the F80 allows users to transfer their workout data to their smart devices using their treadmill. Track your progress using the Sole app, or transfer your data to any fitness app you choose, such as Fitbit or Record, Mapmyrun, Apple Health, or Mapmyrun. You will also find an accessory tray, Bluetooth speakers and a USB charging port, as well as cooling fans built into the F80 to keep you cool during your workout.
- Additional Warranty Information: The Sole F80 Treadmill comes with a great warranty package. It includes lifetime coverage for the frame, motor and deck, 5 years electronics and parts, and 2 years labor.
SOLE F80 TREADMILL – KEY SPECS
- Footprint: 37” Wide x 82” Deep x 57” Tall
- Item Weight: 278 pounds
- 22” x 60” Running Surface
- 2.5” Rollers
- Step Up Height: 8″
- 3.5 HP, DC Type Motor
- 2-Ply Belt
- Bluetooth Speaker Compatible
- Tablet/Phone Holder
- USB Device Charging
- Bluetooth Compatible
- Pulse Grips & Chest Strap Heart Rate Monitoring
- Chest Strap Included
- Cooling Fans
- 9.0″ LCD White, Back-lit Display
- Speed : .5 – 12 mph
- Incline: 0 – 15 Levels
- 6 Standard Programs
- 2 Custom Programs
- 2 Heart Programs
- Easy Assist Folding
- Frame: Lifetime
- Motor: Lifetime
- Deck : Lifetime
- Electronics: 5 Years
- Parts: 5 Years
- Labor: 2 Years
In-depth Review of the Sole F80 Treadmill
The frame of the Sole F80 is strong, as mentioned. This machine is well-built and sturdy. Steel side beams and cross beams support the deck. Steel handlebars and side rails can also be made of steel. For comfort, handrails are coated with epoxy. The deck provides extra support and can be lifted easily. Four wheels allow for easy positioning.
Cushion Flex Whisper Deck is a cushioning deck that reduces impact by up to 40% compared to outdoor surfaces. To be truthful, I didn’t feel as much cushion. Although the Sole F80 cushion is certainly an improvement over outdoor surfaces, it’s not as soft as the NordicTrack 1750 or ProForm 2000. Sole machines are built to be stable. This affects the overall construction but limits cushioning. I was simultaneously running on the ProForm 2000 and Sole F80. Each set was at 3% inclines and 5 mph. I ran from one to another, jumping and running heavy to see how much there was to each deck. The machines were then given a thorough workout. 1750 performed better than the two other machines, with the Sole F80 offering the most cushion. However, this is only a small sample. F80 is a vast improvement on concrete or asphalt when compared to running outside.
The Sole F80 Running Belt measures 60 inches in length by 22 inches wide. This belt is ideal for folding treadmills. The F80’s deck is slightly longer than the F80. While the running belts on the Sole F80 and NordicTrack 1750 have the same length, the total deck length of 1750/2000 is 79 inches, compared to the 82 inches on the F80. The extra three inches can be attributed to a longer hood or reinforced deck, but they are still noticeable when stacked side-by-side. It’s normal to feel some extra weight lifting the machine to fold, but it’s manageable.
The 2-ply belt fits snugly on the deck’s top and provides a smooth running surface. The belt on the Sole F80 is my favorite over the SmartPro 2000 and NordicTrack 1750. It feels smooth and comfortable. The belt does not make a slapping sound, and it nestles against the side rails while it moves. The side rails were a little too slippery for my liking. The side rails of the Sole F80 have a metallic plastic that is slightly slicker than the black molded plastic found on the NT 1750 and SP 2000. Side rails can be slippery if they are wet.
Most users will need a motor with 3.5 horsepower. A treadmill’s maximum power output is 4.0 horsepower, so this motor is not the best. The motor is so quiet that I had to get off my treadmill to check if it was moving when the incline was set to 15%. The adjustments are very smooth and quiet.
The Sole F80’s console and screen design could be improved. Although the screen’s 9-inch size is easy to read, it is not as bright and clear as comparable machines with full-color touch screens. The Sole F80 will work well if you have a TV in your gym or a training program. It’s easy to use and is great for people who want to go. Sole can keep up to date with newer tech-heavy machines because not everyone wants all the bells, whistles. The Sole F80 is not up to the task of interactive screens with training options and new tech.
The console layout is another area of concern. The console design is a bit clunky. There aren’t separate buttons for each speed and incline option. The speed and preset incline buttons will skip randomly. You can choose between speeds of 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, and 12 mph. The incline buttons are 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, and 15. The manual speed and incline buttons can be found right below the screen. They allow you to toggle between. 10 increments but are not intuitive. The F80 buttons are also raised to attract dust and stick to the screen over time. The F80 has buttons on its handrails, which is a unique feature. The buttons on the right handrail are for speed and those on the left handrail for incline. They are well placed for quick toggling but can get in the way.
Two fans are located just above the screen. They don’t provide much airflow. They are better than nothing, but it is nice to have them. These fans don’t have much power, however.
The F80 includes a tablet holder just above the console. This is a great addition, as the console does not offer a subscription or WiFi. It’s easy to use the tablet holder while running a cardio program on the treadmill. You can also watch something on your phone or tablet from the holder. Most devices will be held securely by the adjustable clip.
The F80 has plenty of storage. The console has two large pockets to either side. An additional storage tray extends across the deck below the console. These three pockets can be used as extra storage.
The Sole F80 is a solidly constructed machine. Although the console layout needs some work and tech are a bit slow, the F80’s solid build quality can be overlooked. In addition, the F80 has a smooth running surface, quiet motor, and a variety of speed and incline options.
Inclination / Decline range
The Sole F80 is comparable to other machines that have a maximum incline of +15%. The Sole F80 doesn’t have any decline options, but it can sit slightly lower on the ground. The F80’s deck height is 8 inches at a grade of 0%. This makes it easy for people to get on and off. Inline training can strengthen glutes, hamstrings and offset quad dominance. It also helps to balance the lower body’s muscular balance. Incline variability can be added to any training program to prevent injuries from overuse and maintain muscular balance. The F80 is a solid piece of equipment that can be used for exercise. It also has a wide speed and inclines range.
Six Preset Workouts are available on the Sole F80: Manual, Hill and Fatburn, Cardio, Strength, and HIIT. There are buttons below the screen for two custom programs and two heart-rate training programs. You will always know what program you are receiving each time you click a button. The programs do not include audio, but you can still play your music via the input jack on the console.
Subscription options for Sole app on the phone
Sole offers a Sole app that can be downloaded to your smartphone to track your workout stats, including calories burned, heart rate, and duration. There is no online subscription for programs that you can run on the treadmill via WiFi.
Noise control is one area in which the Sole F80 shines. It was quieter than the SmartPro 2000 and NordicTrack 1750. The F80 is a German car, with its smooth motor and soft belt and elegant engineering. The F80’s location closer to the ground may help reduce noise absorption.
Storage / Folding
The Sole F80 can be folded up quickly. Grab the steel bar at the deck’s base and lift the deck. Although the deck is slightly heavier due to its extra length, I can still lift it. To clear floor space, the deck locks securely once folded. Two wheels are located under the front legs, and two at the deck’s base. Once the machine is folded, you can pull it towards you and then roll it away. Grab the yellow lever located on the right side. The hydraulic system will release the deck to the floor by gently pulling the lever. I have seen previous models land with a slight thud. So, I checked the 2021 F80. Our model landed softly, with no impact or thud.
Items of Note
The F80 is solid, with a simple console and minimal tech. However, this treadmill is not for everyone. If you like tech and bright screens, you might consider another model. The Sole F80 is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a sturdy treadmill with an elegant design and outstanding engineering.
What we don’t like:
- There are very few options for working out:Only 10 workout programs are available on the F80. There are many options, but some customers might prefer treadmills that allow them to download new workouts.
- Side rails with short sides:Handrails can be helpful for stability but they don’t last as long as runners might like.
The Sole F80 Treadmill, at $1,599, is a popular choice and customers will not be disappointed. This is a reasonable mid-range option that falls between the entry-level F63 treadmill or their top-of-the-line F85 model. This cardio trainer is a great value due to its high-quality components as well as modern, upgraded features.
Other Related Products
- Sole F80 Treadmill
- Sole F63 Treadmill
- Sole Fitness E95S Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E98 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E95 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E55 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine
- Sole Fitness E25 Elliptical Machine
- Body Power 2-in-1 BST800 Elliptical Stepper Trainer