Sole F85 Treadmill
- 22″ x 60″ running surface
- Cushion Flex Whisper Deck
- Folding deck
- 4.0 CHP motor
- Top speed of 12 mph
- 15 levels of power incline
- 10.1″ touchscreen display
- Access to entertainment apps
- 400 lb max weight capacity
- 2.75″ rollers
- Bluetooth speakers
- Bluetooth compatibility with fitness apps
- Chest strap HR monitor included
- USB charging port
- Quick touch speed/incline buttons
- Awesome warranty
Sole F85 Treadmill
Sole Fitness calls their F85 “The Best Folding Treadmill on the Planet.” This top-of-the-line folding Treadmill is a huge hit year after year. The Sole F85 Treadmill has all the features a serious runner/power walker would need for indoor training, including a powerful motor and a large workout area, excellent cushioning, an automatic incline, and great cushioning.
The F85 Sole folding Treadmill is the most technologically advanced. The Sole F85 Treadmill features a 10.1-inch graphic workout display, a secure tablet case, and a Bluetooth connection. This allows a tablet to be used as a workout monitor or share session data via wireless apps. In addition, the Sole F85 Treadmill is a best-in-class motor warranty and five-year parts and electronics warranties.
What we like
- High-quality parts: The F85 folding Treadmill is the highest quality Sole has ever made. It is modeled after the Sole Treadmill that was used in elite hotels. This Treadmill can be used for cardio training for many years at home.
- Motor: The only F85 has a quiet, 4.0 CHP motor that smoothly supports sprints up to 12 mph. The maximum user weight is 400 pounds.
- Follow: Two-ply tracks are standard on all Sole treadmills and require very little maintenance. At 2.75 inches in diameter, the F85 has the most prominent track rollers in the industry, which allows for quiet operation and long-lasting machines.
- Deck: CushionFlex Whisperdeck technology can reduce joint impacts by up to 40% compared to outdoor training surfaces. This technology also offers a more significant impact reduction than many other fitness brands. Sole’s top treadmill deck cushions the impact of running and muffles the sound to make it more home-friendly.
- Inline: There are 30 levels of inclines, with a peak at a staggering 15%.
- Console: screen displays workout data on a 10.1-inch display with a graphical display and a white background. There are ten programs available, including a manual mode, to help with cardio training, weight loss, and muscle toning. For quick-start convenience, two users can save profiles and create customized programs.
- Foldable: To saves space, the F85 Treadmill folds quickly. Hydraulic assist makes folding easy, while soft-drop technology makes it easy to unfold. The Treadmill can be locked in both positions for safety.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The wireless heart rate monitor on the F85 is 99.9% accurate. The F85 calculates the target heart rate using age, gender, and other variables. Also included are touch pulse sensors.
- Warranties: The best single warranties in the industry. The new F85 comes with a lifetime warranty on its frame, motor, deck, and price. Customers get a 5-year warranty on electronics, parts and 2 years of labor in-home.
SOLE F85 TREATMENT – KEY SPECS
- Footprint: 66” H x 82” L x 37” W
- Item Weight: 308 pounds
- 22” x 60” Running Surface
- 2.75” Rollers
- Step Up Height: 8″
- 4.0 HP, DC Type Motor
- 2-Ply Belt
- Bluetooth Speaker Compatible
- Tablet/Phone Holder
- USB Device Charging
- Bluetooth Compatible
- Pulse Grips & Chest Strap Heart Rate Monitoring
- Chest Strap Included
- Cooling Fans
- 10” Android screen
- Speed : .5 – 12 mph
- Incline: 0 – 15 Levels
- 6 Standard Programs
- 12 Custom Programs
- 7 Fitness Tests
- 5KHZ Telemetric HR Receiver
- Requires WiFi and Internet connection
- Easy Assist Folding
- Frame: 10 Years
- Electronics: 5 Years
- Parts: 5 Years
- Labor: 2 Years
What we don’t like:
- Limited programming: There are only 10 workout programs available, which include user-created programs.
- Size: Although the treadmill folds, it doesn’t save much space when it is in use. It measures 80 inches in length.
- Siderails with a shorter length: Some runners may not like the handrails that provide stability.
VIEW OUR VIDEO REVIEW OF SOLE F85 TREADMILL
In-depth Review of Sole F85 Treadmill
Solid and sturdy, the Sole F85 frame has been well-built. Sole is known for making the best fitness equipment. The F85 treadmill is no exception. It features steel support beams, crossrails, uprights, and handrails. Because of its sturdy construction, the F85 treadmill is quiet when it’s in use and when it’s on an incline. When you’re done, the running platform can be folded up and locked in place. The four wheels glide along the floor quickly when you need them to.
Cushion Flex Whisper Deck is a cushion that reduces impact by up to 40% on the Sole F85. Although the Sole F85 offers a significant improvement over outdoor surfaces, it isn’t as soft as similar treadmills. The F85 is a great option for running outside. However, it’s not as cushioned and shock-absorbing as treadmills of the same price.
The running belt measures 60 inches in length and 22 inches wide. It provides ample space for runners. One complaint that we have with Sole machines is their larger motor hood at its front. It is too high above the belt and can get in the way of your running if you are too close. The motor hood is located on the deck’s front end. A lower profile cover would reduce the impact on your feet while running.
The 2-ply belt is softly textured and supports the underfoot. The belt does not make a slapping sound, and it nestles against the side rails as it moves. The side rails are made of slippery plastic, which could cause problems if sweat is dripped from running. Side rails could become slippery if you step on them. When stepping onto the side rails, make sure you hold the handrails in your hands and have a comfortable foot position.
The powerful 4.0 horsepower motor is one of the most powerful on the market. It can support intense training, interval work, and heavy conditioning. In addition, the motor is quiet and won’t heat up. It also provides smooth and slow speed and incline/decline adjustments.
We had to get up on the side of the F85 to see that it was moving. The deck is so quiet that you don’t hear or notice motor noises as it inclines or declines.
Speed adjustments work in the same way, except that you don’t have to brace yourself or hold on as the belt speeds up. Instead, you can run at a steady pace underfoot, with multiple incline changes, and the motor will provide plenty of power to keep you going.
The only problem I have is that the motor hood at the top of the deck is relatively high. I sometimes hit it with my foot when I stand too close. It’s okay if you are a few steps back. However, I would like to see Sole lower the profile of his motor hood and not protrude onto the deck as much.
Sole F85 Console
The 2021 model will have a new touchscreen. Although the 10 inch Android screen isn’t as impressive as other treadmills, it has unique features and seven preloaded apps. There are still a few bugs to be corrected. There is a slight feedback sound that the console makes when it is turned on, regardless of how loud your program is. You can’t hear the feedback noise if you turn the fan on or raise the volume. It was so annoying that I had to adjust the volume to compensate. This console is an upgrade to the previous versions, and we love the direction Sole has taken.
Consumers want to be able to access other content from their treadmill touchscreen. This is a clear indication of Sole’s response to customer feedback.
The console is identical to the old model, except for the larger screen. The console’s center is home to the screen, which is well placed and easy to read. Below that, you will find the speed and incline buttons. These buttons jump somewhat randomly. Speed buttons are 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, and 12 mph. Inline buttons are 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 12. The F85 also has buttons on the handrails, which is a unique feature. The speed and incline buttons are located on the suitable handrail. They are well placed for quick toggling but can get in the way.
- The fan is located just above the screen. However, it doesn’t provide much airflow. Although it is nice to have an option, the fan doesn’t offer much breeze and is not very powerful.
- The F85 has a tablet holder located just above the console. It makes it simple to use the treadmill’s cardio program while simultaneously using your tablet or smartphone. Most devices will be held securely by the adjustable clip.
The F85 has plenty of storage. The console has two large pockets to either side. An additional storage tray extends across the deck below the console. These three pockets can be used as extra storage.
Sole F85 Functionality Review
The Sole F85 treadmill has quiet and powerful motors. This treadmill is a great training tool for people who are looking for something.
During our testing, it performed well. It was able to support runners and walkers of different sizes and weights. There was no lag in motor power and no limitations. You can feel the Sole F85’s strength while running. Although the deck isn’t as cushioned, we could use it for longer runs, sprints, and intervals without any issues. Although this is an issue, it’s not as significant as the overall performance.
Inclination / Decline range
The Sole F85 has a +15% maximum incline. Inline training can strengthen glutes, hamstrings and offset quad dominance. It also helps to balance the lower body and promote muscular balance. In addition, incline variability can be added to any training program to prevent injuries from occurring and maintain muscular balance. The F85 doesn’t have any decline options, but it can sit slightly lower on the ground. The F85’s 8-inch deck height makes it easy for users to get on and off. It has a grade of 0%. The F85 is a solid piece of equipment that can be used for exercise. It also has a great incline and speed range.
There are workout programs available for the Sole F85: Manual, Hill and Fatburn, Cardio, Strength, and HIIT. You can also access two custom programs and two heart-rate training programs by clicking the buttons below. You will always know what program you are receiving each time you click a button. In addition, an input jack on the console allows you to play your music through the speakers.
The Sole F85 is an excellent choice for noise control. The F85 is as smooth as any other treadmill we have used, thanks to its smooth motor and soft belt. In addition, the F85’s location closer to the ground may help reduce noise absorption.
Storage & folding
The Sole F85 can be folded up quickly. Grab the steel bar at the deck’s base and lift the deck. Although the deck is slightly heavier due to its extra length, I can still lift it. To clear floor space, the deck locks securely once folded. Two wheels are located under the front legs, and two at the deck’s base. Once the machine is folded, you can pull it towards you and then roll it away. Next, grab the yellow lever located on the right side. The hydraulic system will release the deck to the floor by gently pulling the lever. You will find the plug at the deck’s front.
It is highly recommended to use sole treadmills. The buyers get excellent customer service and peace of mind when they purchase quality equipment. This model is the most advanced, and Sole doesn’t exaggerate when they say it’s the best folding Treadmill in the world. However, cardio training does not require a 4.0 CHP. Many customers would be happy with or the less expensive F80. It all depends upon your workout goals and budget.